A trip to our specialty and emergency hospital with your furry family member can be a stressful experience even under ideal conditions. Thank you for entrusting us with your pet’s care and for understanding any added safety measures we are taking. It is only with your continued cooperation that we are able to continue providing the highest quality of care.
- When you arrive, please park in one of the spots with a numbered sign in front of it. Then text ARRIVED to 636-227-9400 (Manchester) or 636- 244-9004 (O'Fallon) to alert the client service team.
- OUR DOORS ARE LOCKED - remain in your vehicle with your pet and a CSR will contact you to complete the check-in process.
- The department with which your pet has an appointment will contact you with further instructions. When they are ready, they will meet you at the front doors and bring you to an exam room.
- There may be times that space does not allow for as many clients as we have waiting to be inside. In those cases, you may be asked to return to your vehicle while your pet is having certain diagnostics or treatments completed. When they are ready, your pet’s doctor will contact you to discuss next steps. Please be sure you have your mobile phone on and with you while you are waiting.
- All financial transactions and/or admitting paperwork will be facilitated by a Client Service team member.
- Payment is due at the time of service. We do not accept any payment plans. If your pet is admitted to our hospital, we will obtain a deposit based on the estimate for care developed by your pet’s doctor.
- Accepted forms of payment: cash, Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express and Care Credit.
What you can expect if your pet is hospitalized:
- If your pet has been hospitalized, you will receive updates from your patient care team via phone, email or text. This team includes our experienced veterinary nurses who are a big part of the communication process for your pet.
- Your pet’s attending veterinary care team will discuss the discharge process with you and any remaining balance will be collected prior to discharge from the hospital.
What you can do to help us:
- Please be sure to bring your pet in a carrier or on a leash. All cats will need to be in a carrier for their safety and the safety of our staff.
- Unless the patient is critically ill, patient visitation is suspended until further notice. o Our technicians may be able to facilitate a video chat or text photos of your pet in lieu of visiting.
- We will make exceptions for owners bringing in pets for euthanasia or pets that are in dire life/death circumstances. All in-hospital visits are limited to the patient's immediate family members and all visitors must pass our health screening and wear a mask.
- Communications between VSS personnel, clients and referring veterinarians will generally occur by phone, email or text. As we continue to run with limited staff, we ask for your understanding if our communications are delayed.